The movement to replace the compulsory TV Licence with a funding model fit for the digital era is by no means new but momentum has certainly grown over the last 5 years.
Please find below links to studies, legislation and research that relate to that growing sentiment.
- TV Licence Fee Statistics, House of Commons Library, 14th January 2020
- New Vision: Transforming the BBC into a subscriber-owned mutual, Philip Booth, IEA, January 2020
- Diamond – The Third Cut, Creative Diversity Network, Spring 2020
- Analysis revealing Brexit bias on BBC flagship political programmes, IEA, January 2018
- BBC Charter and Agreement
- Legislation in full
- TV Licensing’s representation of the legislation
- Capita TV Licensing Court Presenter’s Manual, hosted by TV Licensing blog